Host a Fundraising Event
Photo: Gerald Martone/The IRC.
Hosting a fundraising event is a great way to raise money in support of the IRC’s work around the world.
Tell Us About Your Event
Still have questions?
Chances are the answers you are looking for can be found below.
- May I use IRC’s logo for fundraising?
Yes, you may use IRC’s logo for fundraising. Please read and accept our logo license agreement. IRC Logo Agreement
- Will IRC provide tax receipts for donations?
IRC will provide tax receipts for donations made directly to us either through our website or by check made out to International Rescue Committee.
- I would like IRC staff to speak or volunteer at my event.
We receive many more requests than our staff can handle. We may, occasionally, be able to provide speakers or volunteers. Please send us a written request at least 6 weeks in advance of your event.
- Can IRC provide tax receipts for any in kind donations I receive for my fundraising event?
IRC cannot provide acknowledgment for tax purposes for donated goods (e.g. items for auction) or services (e.g. donated advertisements, printing).
- Can IRC sponsor my event or reimburse me for the cost of holding my fundraising event.
We cannot sponsor, solicit sponsorship or reimburse expenses for your fundraising event. Please let us know if you recruit underwriters/sponsors for your event to avoid conflicts with our own solicitation efforts. In addition, all your promotional materials should note that:
- IRC is not the event sponsor and funds are being raised by you/your organization to benefit IRC.
- The portion of donation, event ticket price or proceeds that will be directed to IRC.
- I would like to invite IRC supporters to my event. Can IRC provide me with a list?
To protect our donors’ confidentiality, IRC does not share its donor lists.
- Can I fundraise for IRC by selling a product?
Please see IRC’s Cause Marketing Guidelines