Data Tracking & Analysis Intern
TITLE: Data Tracking and Analysis Intern (multiple—hiring 2-3 interns for this role)
COUNTRY PROGRAM: US Programs
LOCATION: Phoenix, AZ
DURATION: Minimum 3 months—10-37.5 hours/week
SCOPE: Interns with the Data Tracking & Analysis team will help the IRC increase the quality and effectiveness of organizational outcomes and impact data tracking and seek technology solutions to increase the efficiency of various staff tasks. The IRC in Phoenix is rolling out an agency-wide database built in Efforts to Outcomes (ETO), by Social Solutions. Interns working with the data tracking and analysis team will engage in routine database maintenance and project work such as building database elements and reports in ETO software, planning and implementing processes for managerial informatics and developing technology solutions for staff using high-level knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Sort and log in-coming TA requests, work with Information Systems Specialist to provide TA and fix systems bugs, as appropriate;
- Create TA reports to inform management of areas of need for staff training, as well as effectiveness of data team in meeting staff support needs;
- Identify client duplicates in database, research reason for duplication and necessary steps for appropriately merging duplicate client records across program modules;
- Add new users to database and assign user privileges according to IRC database protocols;
- Develop staff training materials and help meet staff training needs;
- Research data collection and assessment tools and present findings to appropriate management staff;
- Project work depending on qualifications may include: being assigned to a specific module being developed in the database to build database elements and report templates; enhancing an assets tracking database developed in Silverlight / C# / Lightswitch; developing agency systems and processes for managerial informatics; and the development of specific technology solutions for staff tasks identified at the time of the internship.
- Enrollment in Computer Science or related educational program, preferred;
- Minimum two years of technical training or applied knowledge;
- Knowledge of MS Office, including MS Access;
- Knowledge of relational databases;
- One or more of .Net languages preferred;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work as a team member in a cross-cultural environment.
This position reports to the Senior Manager or the Information Systems Specialist.