How to Apply for a Volunteer Opportunity
Thank you for interest in volunteering with the IRC in Northern California! Your willingness to invest time and energy in our work is invaluable to the refugees we serve. Use the following steps to apply for a position and you'll be on your way to becoming an IRC Volunteer.
1. Get to Know the IRC
Who is the IRC? The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. IRC teams provide health care, infrastructure, learning and economic support to people in 40 countries, with special programs designed for women and children. Every year, the IRC resettles thousands of refugees in 26 U.S. cities. The IRC leads the way from harm to home. The IRC at a Glance.
2. Review a Volunteer Opportunities that are Available at your Local Office
Browse our volunteer opportunities to see if there are areas that match your interests and passions.
3. Attend a Volunteer Informational Session at your Local Office
Look at the volunteer informational calendar to see when the next session will be at your local office. RSVP to your local area Volunteer Coordinator to reserve your spot.
- IRC in Oakland: Kristen.Borash@Rescue.org
- IRC in Sacramento: Mark.Silva@Rescue.org
- IRC in San Jose: Michelle.Claros@rescue.org
4. Fill out an application online. If you're a good fit for one of the available opportunities, someone will be in touch with you.
Questions? Click here for Frequently Asked Questions