How to Apply for a Volunteer Opportunity
Thank you for interest in volunteering with the IRC in Northern California! Your willingness to invest time and energy in our work is invaluable to the refugees we serve. Use the following steps to apply for a position and you'll be on your way to becoming an IRC Volunteer.
1. Get to Know the IRC
Who is the IRC? The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. The IRC at a Glance.
2. Review a Volunteer Opportunities that are Available at your Local Office
Browse our volunteer opportunities to see if there are areas that match your interests and passions.
3. Attend a Volunteer Orientation Session at your Local Office
Look at the volunteer orientation calendar to see when the next session will be at your local office. RSVP to your local area Volunteer Coordinator to reserve your spot.
- IRC in Oakland: VolunteerNC@rescue.org
- IRC in Sacramento: Mark.Silva@Rescue.org
- IRC in San Jose: Igor.Radulovic@Rescue.org