Computer Literacy Intern
The Computer Literacy intern helps clients to gain valuable computer skills in IRC Atlanta's computer lab. These include basic computer operation, typing skills, using the internet and specialized English language training computer programs. This internship requires availability to work between 9am and 4pm at least two days a week.
- Instruct small groups or individual clients in basic computer operations, MS Office skills, and internet use
- Assist clients with the use of educational software, including ESL programs
- Develop activities and curriculum materials to help students learn new skills
- Supervise appropriate use of the computer lab environment, making sure clients are engaged in learning.
- Assist Computer Literacy Instructor to collect client attendance records and report on learning outcomes
- Strong interest in working with international clients
- Proven ability to work with consideration and respect for cross-cultural differences
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Ability to work independently
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office programs and Internet research
- Enthusiasm for helping people to learn
For more information or to apply, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at VolunteerATL@Rescue.org or 678-636-8928.