First Things First Child Development Intern
First Things First is an innovative program that provides intensive vocational English as a Second Language services to refugee women, while their young children participate in on-site educational childcare. The First Things First Child Development Internship requires a commitment of 12 hours/week. Interns must be available during class time 9:30-11:30am Monday to Thursday.
- Assist Children’s Teacher with implementing developmentally appropriate activities
- Provide childcare for infants and children
- Maintain safe and sanitary environment for children
- Participate in monthly First Things First team meetings
- Prior childcare experience
- Enthusiasm for working with young children
- Ability to communicate in English
- Must be comfortable working in a cross-cultural environment
- Experience working with refugees or immigrants preferred
- Must be flexible and creative
- Must have initiative and be able to work independently
- Successfully pass a State criminal background check
For more information or to apply, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at VolunteerATL@Rescue.org or 678-636-8928.