Immigration Services Intern
The International Rescue Committee in Atlanta provides refugees and asylees with assistance in filing immigration applications. The Immigration Services intern will assist IRC’s clients with filing various immigration forms and will serve as the contact person for families to check on the status of their applications.
- Work with the Immigration Manager and the case managers to assist clients in filing Adjustment of Status, Citizenship, Employment Authorization, Travel documents, Refugee/Asylee Relative Petitions, and all other immigration applications
- Track processed applications and respond to requests for evidence from the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services
- Act as contact for clients regarding the status of their pending immigration applications
- Assist in the development of outreach efforts
- Help maintain the filing system for immigration petitions filed with IRC in Atlanta
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Fastidious attention to detail and procedure
- Ability to work independently
- Experience working in cross-cultural setting
- Knowledge of one or two foreign languages is beneficial
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge of refugee immigration beneficial, but not required.
- Availability to work between the hours of 9 am and 5 pm
For more information or to apply, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at VolunteerATL@Rescue.org or 678-636-8928.