Information Technology Intern
The Information Technology Intern will work with the Computer Literacy Instructor to help refugees gain valuable computer skills by helping to update and maintain lab hardware and software and show clients how to use computers.
The computer lab is open from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm Monday – Friday. Interns must be able to work sometime during these hours at least two days a week.
- Maintenance and upkeep of computer lab hardware and software
- Maintenance of computer lab network
- Assist in development and growth of refugee computer donation program, including refurbishment of donated computers before they are matched with a client
- Assist Computer Literacy Instructor to offer assistance and guidance to users of computer lab
- Assist the program to locate appropriate software and hardware from both public and private sources
- Demonstrated understanding of information technology
- Teaching skills or enthusiasm for helping people to learn
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Must be comfortable working in a cross-cultural environment with clients who have limited English and computer skills
For more information or to apply, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at VolunteerATL@Rescue.org or 678-636-8928.