IRC's Launching GenR Chapter in Atlanta: Info Session on 6/18
Please join us for the launch of the IRC in Atlanta's GenR chapter by attending an information session held in our office (2305 Parklake Drive, Suite 100, Atlanta, GA 30345) on Tuesday, June 18, 2013 from 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm.
GenR (short for Generation Rescue) is a dynamic group of young professionals (under 45), from diverse backgrounds and professions committed to the IRC mission to help families uprooted by crisis survive and rebuild their lives. GenR is an involved, inspired and influential group of professionals who engage their communities through advocacy, education and a range of networking and fundraising activities.
Photo: the IRC in Atlanta
The goals of GenR are to:
- Engage young professionals and the broader public in restoring safety, dignity, and hope to refugees and those affected by violent conflict or disaster
- Serve as ambassadors and advocates of the IRC to educate and build awareness of refugee needs and contributions within the community
- Promote leadership and creativity in all GenR activities
- Develop future local advisory board members
- Encourage diversity among the IRC’s community of supporters
There are currently two chapters of GenR in New York and the Bay Area in California. The IRC is planning to launch a GenR chapter in Atlanta this summer and is currently recruiting interested individuals who would like to get involved.
For more information or to RSVP, please contact Meghann Adams at Meghann.Adams@Rescue.org or call 678-636-8929.