In-kind Donations Intern
The Resettlement Shop is a thrift shop environment where IRC clients come to find items they need, such as clothing, kitchenware, small appliances, school supplies, toiletries and more. Clients “pay” via a voucher system that is issued to them when they first become IRC clients, so no money is exchanged.
This internship is an excellent opportunity to learn about federal in-kind matching requirements and to interact with people from a wide variety of countries and assist them to find items that they need as they start their new lives in this country. This internship also involves interaction with in-kind donors and opportunities to assist with donor and vendor cultivation on behalf of the IRC.
- Interact with and assist refugee clients who come to the Resettlement Shop
- Facilitate in-kind goods distribution
- Maintain IRC database for all Resettlement Shop donations
- Process outgoing donations for clients and maintain receipts
- Organize resettlement shop and incorporate new in-kind donations into shop inventory
- Receive in-kind donations from businesses and community donors
- Assist in communicating with in-kind donors
- Strong interest in working with international clients
- Proven ability to work with consideration and respect for cross-cultural differences
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Strong computer skills, particularly MS Office Suite and Access database
- Ability to work independently
- Must be comfortable working in a cross-cultural environment; international experience a plus
Shop is open Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 10 am to12:00 pm. This internship will be scheduled around a selection of these days.
For more information or to apply, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at VolunteerATL@Rescue.org or 678-636-8928.