Life Skills Intern
The Life Skills intern will assist the Education team to identify the needs of their clients, and will help them to develop and implement programming to address those needs.
- Develop a database of contacts and resources to plan and implement workshops and educational activities
- Coordinate workshops and educational activities for refugee clients
- Participate in the organization, marketing and implementation of workshops
- Develop a calendar of workshops and other special programming for refugee clients
- Develop and maintain contact list of translators and interpreters who can speak Arabic, Burmese, French, Somali, Spanish, Swahili and Nepali and other refugee languages
- Proven excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Strong research and organizational skills
- Strong MS office Suite and internet skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Must be comfortable working in a cross-cultural environment
- Must be creative and have strong interpersonal skills
- Must be available to hold seminars on Friday mornings from 9-11
For more information or to apply, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at VolunteerATL@Rescue.org or 678-636-8928.