Resettlement Specialist Intern
This internship is located within Resettlement Services, which provides the first point of contact for newly arrived refugees and offers support, guidance and counseling though all stages of resettlement. The intern will learn about the entire resettlement process, the core services provided by IRC, and gain experience in logistical planning, quality control and assurance of client documentation.
Responsibilities may include:
• Reviewing client files and documentation for quality assurance and completing data entry procedures as needed
• Communicating with clients and their relatives regarding IRC services
• Preparing documents to support client applications for special and emergency assistance
• Scheduling applicants, arranging transportation, and reviewing forms for accuracy and completeness
• Providing general support to the Resettlement Specialist
• Strong computer skills, particularly MS Office suite and databases
• Flexibility and strong organizational skills
• Ability to independently
• Strong verbal communication skills and excellent telephone etiquette
• Comfort with working in a cross-cultural environment
• Valid driver’s license, a reliable vehicle, and ability to transport clients preferred
For more information or to apply, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at VolunteerATL@Rescue.org or 678-636-8928.