Volunteer Coordination Intern
The International Rescue Committee of Atlanta is a non-profit, non-sectarian refugee resettlement agency dedicated to working together with refugees to assist them in rebuilding lives and reuniting families in the greater Atlanta area. A committed staff of professionals and volunteers provide essential resettlement services to refugee families including basic necessities, education, employment, social services and advocacy.
This internship is located within the Resource Development Department, whose purpose is to establish strong mutually beneficial connections between the community and the IRC Atlanta office in order to garner monetary, in-kind and volunteer resources for refugee clients. The Volunteer Coordination Intern will work closely with the Volunteer Coordinator towards these goals.
- Help refugee clients to receive in-kind goods via the Resettlement Shop
- Receive and organize in-kind donations
- Track in-kind donations in both donor database and client files
- Assist with outreach and recruitment efforts to community groups, students, and other organizations
- Work with the Volunteer Coordinator to update client files with volunteer and resources information
- Update volunteer database
- Assist with activities related to volunteer recruitment, training, and retention
- Provide direct service to refugee clients as needed by the Volunteer Coordinator
- Assist with donations pickup as needed
- Attend and actively participate in staff meetings and special staff development programs
- An interest in international and refugee issues
- Effective communication and writing skills
- Attention to detail a must
- Excellent organizational skills
- Creativity and initiative to follow through on projects
- A strong desire to help people and enthusiasm to work in a multi-cultural setting
- Prior experience in a non-profit setting a plus
- Prior experience working with volunteers preferred
For more information or to apply, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at VolunteerATL@Rescue.org or 678-636-8928.