Youth Services Intern
The Youth Futures Program addresses specific social and academic needs of refugee and asylee youth through the After-School Program, Summer Camps and Internships, and ongoing individualized case management. Focused on academics, the After-School Program helps students with their homework and school projects every weekday. During summer break, Youth Futures offers an internship program, which introduces youth to the American workplace and helps them develop skills and set goals. Additionally, summer camp provides cultural, learning, social, and specific skill-building opportunities. Youth Futures Case Management provides intensive individual educational, vocational, and career counseling, which serves to support the overall welfare of the youth and their families.
The hours for this position are between 9am and 3pm. Extra hours are possible during field trips and community service events, but this position is designed to assist primarily with case management during the hours listed above. A significant portion of this internship will be dedicated to the Youth Summer Internship and Summer Camp programming.
- Compile and update secondary and post-secondary resources and contacts
- Assist youth to complete college and financial aid applications
- Assist youth to write resumes and search for part-time/summer jobs
- Maintain relationships with DeKalb County Schools
- Plan and coordinate Youth Futures events, especially Spring Break and Summer Program activities
- Provide other program and general administrative support as needed
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Organized with attention to detail
- Able to work independently and under pressure
- An interest in international and refugee issues
- Experience working with youth and/or young adults is preferred but not required
- Creativity and initiative to follow through on projects
- Strong desire to help people and enthusiasm for working in a multi-cultural setting
- Computer literacy – preferably with PC systems
- Experience with secondary and post-secondary system in Georgia is a plus
- A car/driver’s license is beneficial
- Pass a State criminal background check
For more information or to apply, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at VolunteerATL@Rescue.org or 678-636-8928.