Two Long Term Employment Volunteer Positions Open
IRC Boise is looking for 2 enthusiastic people who are business oriented and outgoing individuals to assist in our Employment team. Both of these positions require a 12 week minimum commitment on the part of the volunteer or intern.
The first position is an Employment Assistant that would require 15 + hours a week. Duties will include:
- Researching and cold calling on potential employers
- Assisting clients with job applications and accompanying refugees to job interviews as needed
- Attending local job fairs, identifying appropriate help-wanted and classified employment advertisements
- Interacting with existing employers and maintaining good relationships with them
- Assist with outreach and public education about IRC
- Other related duties as assigned.
The second position is a Job Readiness Instructor, that would require teaching Wednesdays at the IRC from 11:00- 3:00 PM. Duties will include:
- Teach Job Class and Job Club lessons for newly arrived refugees every Wednesday
- Help develop curriculum (as needed) to focus on the needs of the learners in the class
- Track student attendance and progress for each student
For additional information, please email Shannon Davis-Jones, Volunteer Coordinator at Shannon.Davis-Jones@rescue.org for more information.