How to Donate Items to the IRC
Thank you for your interest in in-kind donations to the IRC! Community assistance with early resettlement in the form of donations is an amazing way to immediately impact the lives of newly arrived refugees, and we welcome your help. The primary beneficiaries of IRC donated goods are refugees from all over the world who have fled their homelands after experiencing life-threatening persecution and are unable to stay or return to his or her home country. The ability to provide a warm and welcoming home upon their arrival in the U.S. is paramont to their comfort and security. We ask that interested community members work within our capacity and requirements to ensure our resettlement efforts are comprehensive and equitable.
1. Prior to any procurement of donations or donation drives, you must reach out and speak with your appropriate office contact. Our goal is to help make your donations fully utilized, and in order to do so, we must coordinate our efforts. The IRC retains the right to refuse any item procured without our knowledge.
- IRC in Oakland: Kristen.Borash@Rescue.org
- IRC in San Jose: Michelle.Claros@Rescue.org
- IRC in Sacramento: Mark.Silva@Rescue.org
- IRC in Turlock/Modesto: Kevin.Brooks@Rescue.org
2. IRC does not have the ability to pick up donation items. The IRC can only accept items dropped off either at our office at a pre-arranged time or delivered directly to a clients place of residence with the help of IRC staff facilitation.