Intensive Case Management (ICM) Intern
Title: Intensive Case Management (ICM) Intern
Country Program: US Programs
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Duration: Minimum of 3 months
Scope of Work: The Intensive Case Management Specialist will work within a client centered team that provides ongoing health and medical assistance to refugee clients as part of holistic case management. The ICM Specialist will assist in the coordinating of medical appointments for clients as well as working to ensure data entry regarding health appointments is completed in a timely manner. The ICM Specialist will also research potential community resources and provide referrals to new and existing partners within the community. The intern will also be tasked with helping the ICM caseworker enroll clients and track their progress.
- Coordinate medical appointments for refugee clients, including health screenings, specialist appointments, and other medical follow up visits;
- Input health and medical data in a timely and accurate manner using IRC databases as well as provide other program support;
- Maintain confidential health information and materials relevant to refugee populations with severe medical, mental and social needs;
- Enroll, track and report on clients in the Intensive Case Management program;
- Research community resources and reach out to new potential service providers;
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
- Experience in the public health sector working with vulnerable populations preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with partners, colleagues, and clients in a cross-cultural, team based environment;
- A demonstrated understanding of the Arizona healthcare insurance system;
- Excellent computer skills, including competency with MS Office Suite;
- Commitment to client confidentiality;
- A positive attitude and a desire to learn;
- A degree in public health or social work is preferred, but not required.