Finance & Eligibility Intern
TITLE: Finance & Eligibility Intern
COUNTRY PROGRAM: US Programs
LOCATION: Phoenix, AZ
DURATION: Minimum of 3 months
SCOPE OF WORK: Through a partnership with the Department of State, the IRC assists over 11,000 refugees to resettle in the U.S. every year. IRC staff meet refugees at the airport and provide initial housing, furnishings, food, and clothing. These Core Services—Reception & Placement (R&P)—address the basic needs of food, shelter and legal rights for refugees in the early, critical stages of resettlement in order to begin their transition toward rapid self-sufficiency.
Ensuring compliant data tracking and recording is an important part of non-profit work. The Finance & Eligibility Intern will provide support with entering and tracking key data points using multiple IRC in Phoenix database systems. This position will be responsible in coordination with the case management team for the continual development of tracking systems associated with client interaction. Other duties relevant to the Finance and Eligibility team within case management will also be assigned.
- In cooperation with Finance and Eligibility Specialists provide timely entry of benefit information into IRC Phoenix database systems;
- Assist with the registration of DES benefits, including helping with benefit renewal;
- Support the continued development of tracking systems related to case management and direct service of clients;
- Provide assistance with referrals to outside service providers as needed;
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
- Excellent computer skills, including experience working with data management systems necessary for this position;
- Experience developing tracking and monitoring systems preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with partners, colleagues, and clients in a cross-cultural, team based environment;
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to client confidentiality.
This position reports to the Case Work Supervisor.