Healthy Steps Intern
TITLE: Healthy Steps Intern
LOCATION: IRC in Phoenix, community, health providers
DURATION: Minimum of 3 months
HOURS: 15 hours per week minimum during normal business hours (M-F, 9-5)
SCOPE OF WORK: The IRC in Phoenix Healthy Steps Program helps families establish a medical home and establish routine preventive health behaviors including attending well-child medical visits and ensuring that children are up-to-date with vaccination schedules. A focus on relationship-based parenting increases their health literacy and knowledge of early childhood development.
The Healthy Steps Intern is responsible for coordinating, developing and implementing some aspects of program services. This position is 60% field work and 40% administrative.
- Assist in problem-solving barriers to participation;
- Assist with early childhood developmental and sensory assessments;
- Coordinate parent education group care logistics;
- Coordinate individual well-child appointment logistics;
- Assist as needed in tracking and seeing to the completion of miscellaneous charting related to Early Childhood Healthy Steps program between IRC , St Josephs Family Medicine Clinic, Phoenix Baptist Family Medicine Clinic, Arizona Family Medical Clinic and other medical partnerships
- Shadow and attend home visitation, as needed
- Attend parenting groups when needed to provide support or assistance
- Assist in numbers tracking and reporting where applicable
- Assist in creating child development information and parent handouts
- Assist with coordinating oral health project for pregnant and new moms
- Other duties as assigned.
- Currently enrolled or completed a Bachelors degree in the area of early childhood development, or other related field
- Cultural Competency
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Proficient with Excel and other Microsoft applications
- The ability to complete projects with minimal supervision
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and access to a reliable, insured vehicle