IDA Program Intern
TITLE: IDA Program Intern
COUNTRY PROGRAM: US Programs
LOCATION: Phoenix, AZ
DURATION: Minimum of 3 months
SCOPE OF WORK: The IDA program provides matched savings accounts for low income working refugees and aslyees specifically for building assets: first-time home ownership, small business assets, and post-secondary education, technical training, and recertification. The IDA program is a unique approach to helping individuals and families with low incomes. Instead of giving families income assistance, the IDA program helps these individuals and families invest in assets that build their economic security.
The IDA Program Intern will assist with the processing of IDA program applications and maintenance of participant data.
- Screening program applicants.
- Extracting demographic and asset purchase data from closed client files and preparing these files for long-term storage.
- Creation and implementation of a fundraising strategy through the extracted information.
- Assisting with ongoing monitoring of participant progress.
- Assisting in the maintenance of electronic databases.
- Solid organization skills and a strong attention to detail needed;
- Experience, coursework or interest in finance, accounting, economics, lending and economic empowerment preferred.
This position reports to the IDA Program Coordinator.