Micro-Enterprise Development Intern
TITLE: Micro-Enterprise Development Intern
COUNTRY PROGRAM: US Programs
LOCATION: Phoenix, AZ
DURATION: Minimum of 3 months
SCOPE OF WORK: The Micro-Enterprise Development Program works with refugee entrepreneurs to refine their business plans, assist with zoning and other legal issues, and provide micro-loans to start-up refugee businesses. The aim is to provide clients with assistance in the development and expansion of their small businesses. The program allocates resources in an effective way by identifying and reaching individuals within the refugee and asylee community who show high-impact entrepreneurial potential- individuals who are capable of standing out, growing their businesses and generating sustainable jobs within their communities. These entrepreneurs are more likely to provide viable goods and services to their markets, fostering self-sufficiency for families in low-income communities.
The Micro-Enterprise Development Program Intern will work to achieve the goals and objectives of the MED program by enhancing assistance to MED clients through responding to program development opportunities. This will include but is not limited to dispensing business technical assistance, setting up and leading workshops, research and organization.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the supervision of the Micro-Enterprise Development Program Coordinator, the Intern will:
- Assist with Technical Assistance (TA) services through marketing and business-sectors research;
- Coordinate and attend orientation workshops with potential loan applicants;
- Reach out to local ethnic based organizations for outreach and marketing of the MED program
- Conduct occasional research on program development opportunities such as Mentoring program and Consulting program;
- Assist with basic end of month loan portfolio needs;
- Help with other potential program needs; organization of different foci of MED program online and in office
- Business major/ background required
- Business/marketing writing skills
- Organized, detail oriented
- Computer skills: MS Suite
- Global acumen.
This position reports to the MicroEnterprise Development Program Coordinator.