Volunteer Operations Intern
Title: Volunteer Operations Intern
Location: US Programs -- IRC in Phoenix
Duration: Minimum 3 month commitment required
Background: As a participant in the federal Matching Grant program, the IRC in Phoenix agrees to match $1 for every $2 received with cash and contributions of goods and volunteer services. Matching Grant helps the IRC in Phoenix ensure the refugee population we serve receive adequate services, and are able to become self-sufficient in their new community. Volunteer service contributions help our clients toward self-sufficiency and community integration, and are also a major source in raising Matching Grant funds.
Scope: Under the supervision of the Volunteer Outreach Coordinator, the Volunteer Operations Intern will help in overseeing the screening, placement and tracking of IRC in Phoenix volunteers. The Intern will further establish best practices to strengthen volunteer programs and capture volunteer contributions, while implementing strategies to support program expansion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Volunteer Outreach Coordinator, the intern will assist with the following:
- Monitor productivity and satisfaction of active agency volunteers;
- Respond to volunteer queries in a timely manner;
- Maintain development and outreach materials in line with branding guidelines;
- Assist in the screening and tracking of volunteer applicants;
- Monitor volunteer’s progress and ensure activities meet program goals;
- Track key data points which reveal program health and success;
- Participate in the planning and implementation of relevant outreach and events as time permits;
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and a self-starter;
- Must possess cultural sensitivity and excellent cross-cultural communication skills;
- Must be patient, flexible, and creative;
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office;
- Preference given to experience with CRM, databases and web development (Salesforce, PIDI and Drupal);
- Must be committed for a minimum of 3 months, with clear learning objectives;
- Availability during normal business hours—Monday-Friday, 9:00 am-5:00 pm;
- Some nights and weekend hours for outreach and special events.