Our sincerest thanks for a wonderful 2010
As we end 2010, we are happy to share IRC’s achievements with you. These successes would not have been possible without your support. In Salt Lake City, the number of refugees being assisted through IRC’s resettlement program has grown to more than 500. As we ended the 2010 fiscal year, some of the highlights in our humanitarian work included:
• The health program expanded its wrap around services to clients, and amazingly has been able to respond to the increased medical appointment load of over 500 appointments per month;
• The 24-month case management support continued to build to a caseload of over 300 households, serving over 800 individuals, and its fruits are being realized and appreciated by clients and partners;
• The volunteer program brought in more and more family mentors and special project including “The BIG PROJECT” providing 49 household makeovers!
• The employment program revamped its assessments, unveiled the TRACKER to assist clients with job placement and launched an employment mentor program that will certainly provide a boost;
• The immigration program increased its number of persons served, and provided more discounted services to refugee clients in economic distress;
• The SLC IRC office also had a very successful site monitoring by the State Department and recently hosted the exciting visit by Assistant Secretary of State Eric Schwartz and Resettlement Chief Director Barbara Day to SLC.
We are grateful to each one of you for your dedication as volunteers, donors and advocates. Again, thank you for helping us restore dignity and hope to those whose lives are profoundly changed by war, oppression and natural disaster.