Downtown El Cajon Farmers' Market
Opening Day: Thursday, March 21st from 3 to 7pm!
Get ready for the best new farmers’ market in San Diego County! The Downtown El Cajon Farmers’ Market opens on March 21st, 2013.
Located on the beautiful Prescott Promenade on East Main Street at Rea Avenue, the Market will take place every Thursday from 3-7pm, year round, rain or shine. The Downtown El Cajon Farmers’ Market will offer a wide variety of fresh, locally-grown fruits and vegetables, including certified organic produce, as well as freshly baked breads, and other specialty foods. The Market will also offer hot and prepared food from chefs from all over the world—enjoy a slice of exciting, ethnic cuisine while watching live music and performances on the main stage. The Market accepts EBT, credit cards, and cash.
The Downtown El Cajon Farmers’ Market mission is to enliven and build community in El Cajon. We strive to provide high-quality reasonably-priced produce to customers. Come and support your local farmers while improving your family’s health. But most of all, come out and have some fun while getting your groceries done!
The IRC in San Diego is hosting the Downtown El Cajon Farmers’ Market (ECFM) which will take a new approach to the enormous potential of a farmers’ market. The ECFM is focused on enlivening and building community – from the vendors, to the residents, to local businesses, and even the entire city.
The ECFM takes an innovative approach to its mission. The ECFM is committed to quality and customer satisfaction while focusing on giving opportunities to underprivileged vendors, encouraging public health, and embracing the diversity of the community.
We know that there are numerous, far-reaching benefits to shopping at our farmers market. Besides the great benefits all farmers’ markets have, the Downtown El Cajon Farmers’ Market offers even more. We’ve worked hard to create a system that stretches your dollar and benefits as much of the community as possible.
It starts with you!
When you choose to shop at the market, you’re choosing to support far-reaching initiatives that start with your personal health and spread to world environmental sustainability.
Here’s how it works:
1. You purchase produce. This supports you and your health since the produce is the highest quality that can be grown. The produce is free of chemical pesticides and fertilizers and is freshly picked, which means that you put more nutrients and no harmful chemicals in your body.
2. You support the farmer. Purchasing produce from your local farmers supports the local economy and sustainable farming practices.
3. You support the market. A small percentage of market revenue goes back into market to keep it operating.
4. The Market supports Fresh Fund, a public health project. Through Fresh Fund, the community benefits from your famers’ market purchases and you contribute to making your community healthier.
For more information about the Downtown El Cajon Farmers' Market, please contact:
+1 619 641 7510 x277
Photo: Victoria Haddad-Salah/The IRC
Thursdays rain or shine from 3 to 7pm starting March 21, 2013.
Located in Prescott Promenade at 201 East Main Street.
View Downtown El Cajon Farmers' Market in a larger map
Calendar of special events at the market:
Get ready for the BEST new farmers’ market in San Diego!
1. Make more revenue at our market. Extra aggregation and wholesale orders for market farmers. Calfresh and WIC dollars. Fresh Fund program matches low-income customers’ money. More for you!
2. Location, location, location! On the beautiful Prescott Promenade plaza with a music stage and experienced market managers to make this a destination event!
3. Unprecedented support and demand for our market. Over 200 likes on Facebook!
Are you a nonprofit or community group that wants to support a positive cause in the El Cajon community? Please contact Want to share your organization or mission by engaging the community? Set up a booth at a booth at our farmers’ market!
1. We’ll bring the audience! The Downtown El Cajon Farmers’ Market will draw hundreds of shoppers each week!
2. Opportunity for engagement! Our customers have set aside time to attend the market. By setting up an activity or demonstration, you’re sure to make an impact!
3. Location, location, location! In the heart of downtown, the Prescott Promenade is the perfect venue surrounded by a grassy park area and a stage! Come take advantage of this event!
Hey musicians and performers! Want to share your talent with the El Cajon community? Perform on our stage!
1. We’ll bring the audience! The Downtown El Cajon Farmers’ market will draw hundreds of shoppers every week! By playing at the market, everyone will enjoy your performance!
2. Location, location, location! On the beautiful Prescott Promenade plaza with a built-in stage committed to performances, its’ guaranteed to build an audience!
3. Weekly Performances! Every week we’ll have multiple performances. Reserve now to guarantee a spot!
Photo: Victoria Haddad-Salah/The IRC