WARN Administrative Assistant
SCOPE OF VOLUNTEER WORK: WARN is looking for a responsible, self-motivated, organized individual to help us with essential office tasks. This is a great opportunity to gain experience in the administrative side of the non-profit world as you assist the WARN Program Manager with grant reporting and billing, data entry, and other related tasks. We are looking for someone who has some administrative experience and is comfortable working with computers; however, training will also be provided. If you are detail-oriented, a quick learner and want to learn more about the work of the IRC and WARN, this position is an excellent place to start!
LOCATION: IRC Seattle office – 100 S King St, Suite 570, Seattle, WA 98104
TIME COMMITMENT: 4-8+ hours/week during office hours (9am-5pm) for a minimum of six months.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Review and enter data from reporting forms into online database
- Assist with grant-related reporting
- Assist with sub-grant billing
- Other administrative duties as needed
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and comfort using common office computer programs required
- Must be confident in basic math skills and comfortable working with numbers and formulas
- Some data entry or data analysis experience preferred
- Ability to learn quickly and effectively follow instructions
- Must understand and maintain confidentiality at all times; experience handling sensitive information preferred
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Must fulfill all training provided by WARN
- Willing to adhere to IRC/WARN volunteer policies and requirements (such as completing a background check and tracking/reporting volunteer hours)
Note: This position may be considered an internship for school credit, depending on your school policies and requirements. If this is desired, please mention it when applying.