Case Management (Medical Services)
Job Title: Intern, Medical Services Case Management
Country Profile: US Programs
Location: Tucson, AZ
The Medical Services Case Management Intern will assist the Medical Case Manager in managing the medical and health outreach programs of IRC Tucson. Interns will gain experience networking with healthcare providers, managing databases, and working with multi-cultural individuals with special medical needs.
- Coordinate and track the medical appointments, transportation and interpreter needs for assigned clients, utilizing interdepartmental and system-wide databases
- Assist clients with transportation for medical appointments as necessary
- Advocate for clients' needs when accompanying them to medical appointments
- Work independently on an assigned project related to refugee health
- Assist with projects and administrative duties as assigned by the Medical Case Manager.
- Pursuing degree in health sciences, social work or possessing equivalent experience
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding client information
- Strong knowledge of database management and design; MS Outlook, Access, Excel and Word
- Strong intercultural communication skills; demonstrated ability to work effectively with people from other cultural backgrounds
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Must have driver’s license, personal vehicle, auto insurance, and clean driving record
- 12 hours/ week for 3 month period
- Avialability during IRC business hours (M-F, 8:30am-5pm)
Reports To: Medical Case Manager
Submit a resume, cover letter, and internship application to Andrew Jenkins, Internship Coordinator, at VolunteerTucson@Rescue.org. Some positions may require additional documents. Applicants will not be contacted for interviews until all materials are received.