Mental Health Case Management
Job Title: Intern, Mental Health Case Management
Country Program: US Programs
Location: Tucson, AZ
The Mental Health Case Management Intern assists the Mental Health Case Manager in serving a caseload of clients from many ethnicities with various mental health needs. The Intern works in concert with the Mental Health Case Manager and other staff to provide services to refugees referred to the Mental Health Program.
- Assist the Mental Health Case Manager with scheduling appointments for Social Security, Department of Economic Security, and Arizona Long Term Care.
- Provide clients with transportation to and from appointments when needed.
- Coordinate with Spring Center staff to ensure services are delivered effectively and in a timely manner.
- Maintain a professional attitude and appearance as an IRC representative.
- Fulfill any other responsibilities assigned to you by supervisor.
- Current university student or recent graduate in Social Services or related fields
- Punctuality, excellent time management skills, and a flexible schedule
- Strong clerical and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding client information
- Strong intercultural communication skills; demonstrated ability to work effectively with people from other cultural backgrounds
- Proficiency in foreign language is preferred, but not required
- Must have driver’s license, vehicle, auto insurance, and clean driving record
- Minimum commitment of 15 hours/ week for 3 months
- Primary availability during IRC business hours (M-F, 8:30-5:00)
Reports To: Mental Health Case Manager
Submit a resume and cover letter in the same document and attach it to your USP Volunteers and Intern Application online. You may contact the Volunteer Coordinator at VolunteerTucson@Rescue.org. Some positions may require additional documents. Applicants will not be contacted for interviews until all materials are received.