Case Management (Public Benefits Enrollment)
Job Title: Intern, Public Benefits Enrollment
Country Profile: US Programs
Location: Tucson, AZ
The Public Benefits Enrollment Intern will assist the Extended Services Case Manager in enrolling clients in key social services, working with clients to complete housing applications, researching available community services, and transporting clients to and from appointments. Interns will gain experience networking with community service providers, managing databases, and communicating with people of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Collaborate with the Extended Services Case Manager to develop educational orientations for clients, and deliver those orientations to clients.
- Coordinate and track services provided to clients utilizing interdepartmental and system-wide databases.
- Secure interpreters for non-English speaking clients as necessary.
- Assist participants with transportation for appoinments and services as necessary.
- Assist with projects and administrative duties as assigned by the Extended Services Case Manager.
- Pursuing degree in health sciences, social work or related field, or posses equivalent experience
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding client information
- Proficiency in another language: Spanish, Arabic, Swahili, French, Somali, Nepali, Hindi is preferred
- Knowledge of database management/design; MS Outlook, Access, Excel and Word
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Strong intercultural communication skills; demonstrated ability to work effectively with people from other cultural backgrounds
- Must have a valid driver's license, vehicle, auto insurance, and clean driving record
- Minimum commitment of 10 hours/week for 3 months; 15 hours/week preferred
- Maintain consistent weekly schedule of at least 3 hours per day in office during IRC business hours (M-F, 8:30am to 5:00pm)
Reports To: Extended Services Case Manager
Submit a resume, cover letter, and internship application to the Internship Coordinator, at VolunteerTucson@Rescue.org. Some positions may require additional documents. Applicants will not be contacted for interviews until all materials are received.