Developmental Disabilities Well-Being Liaison
Job Title: Volunteer, Developmental Disability Well-Being Liaison
Country Profile: US Programs
Location: Tucson, AZ
Scope of Work:
Volunteer will have one-on-one contact with Center for Well-Being (CWB) clients who have developmental disabilities. The volunteer will act as a liaison between the individual and the CWB, as well as help foster self-sufficiency for the individual and/or their family.
- Coordinate with IRC staff to conduct home visits with assigned clients at least once a month.
- Assess client needs and follow-up on existing service plans.
- Promote self-sufficiency with assigned client and his or her family.
- Make monthly updates to the Mental Health Case Manager.
- Experience working with individuals who have developmental disabilities is preferred, but not required.
- The ability to work with individuals with limited English is necessary.
- Cultural awareness and understanding is essential.
- An understanding and ability to maintain confidentiality regarding client information.
- Driver’s license, personal vehicle, auto insurance, and clean driving record.
- Minimum 4 hours a week for 4 months, doing work primarily outside office with a flexible schedule.