Employment and Economic Development Intern
Job Title: Intern, Employment and Economic Development
Country Profile: US Programs
Location: Tucson, AZ
The Employment and Economic Development (EED) Intern assists EED Staff in guiding refugee clients towards integration into the American workplace. Intern will gain familiarity in cross-cultural training techniques, skills development and hiring procedures of area businesses.
Provides direct and administrative services to clients in the following areas:
- Resume preparation;
- Online and paper job applications;
- Job Readiness Training (JRT) classroom instruction;
- Client transport to interviews and other post-placement assistance;
- Research job opportunities;
- Client file management;
- Skill specific projects as assigned by Program Coordinator.
- Knowledge of employer expectations, job retention, and job search techniques
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding client information
- Strong verbal and written skills in English; Punctual and reliable
- Strong intercultural communication skills; demonstrated ability to work effectively with people from other cultural backgrounds
- Must have valid driver license, vehicle, auto insurance and clean driving record
- 15 hours/week for 3 months
- Must maintain regular weekly schedule during IRC business Hours (M-F, 8:30am-5:00pm)
Reports To: EED Program Coordinator
Submit a resume, cover letter, and internship application to Andrew Jenkins, Internship Coordinator, at VolunteerTucson@Rescue.org. Some positions may require additional documents. Applicants will not be contacted for interviews until all materials are received.