This past fiscal year, the IRC in Tucson has restored hope and opportunity for hundreds of refugees and asylees in our community. Here’s a look at our most recent achievements:
- We helped resettle some 390 newly arrived refugees and provided services to over 700 refugees and asylees.
- Our case managers enrolled over 80 children in school.
- We provided 1,300 hours of job skills training leading to 160 job placements.
- Our Center for Well-Being counseled 280 refugees and asylees, including 30 survivors of torture and their families.
- We educated nearly 9,000 Tucsonans on refugee issues.
- Our volunteers mentored 40 refugee families and contributed more than $212,000 in donated services.