Survivors of Torture Case Management Intern
Job Title: Intern, Survivors of Torture Case Management
Country Profile: US Programs
Location: Tucson, AZ
The Survivors of Torture (SOT) Intern’s primary role is to support the Survivors of Torture Case Manager in providing culturally appropriate intensive case management services for those identified as survivors of torture and enrolled in the Survivor’s of Torture Program.
- Schedule medical, mental health and and specialist appointments for SOT Program participants.
- Secure interpreters for intake appointments with non-English speaking clients.
- Assist participants with transportation for appointments and services as necessary.
- Advocate for clients' needs when accompanying them to medical/ mental health appointments.
- Keep thorough and complete case notes, and update interdepartmental computer database as necessary.
- Assist with projects and administrative duties as assigned by the SOT Case Manager.
- Pursuing degree in Mental/ Behavioral Health field, or at least 1 year related experience
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding client information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in a second language strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving and organization skills
- Strong intercultural communication skills; demonstrated ability to work effectively with people from other cultural backgrounds
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have a valid driver’s license, vehicle, auto insurance, and clean driving record
- Minimum commitment of 12 hours/ week for 3 month period; 15 hours/week preferred
- Maintain consistent schedule during business hours ( M-F, 8:30am-5:00pm)
Reports To: Mental Health Program Manager
Submit a resume and cover letter in the same document and attach it to your USP Volunteers and Intern Application online. You may contact the Volunteer Coordinator at VolunteerTucson@Rescue.org. Some positions may require additional documents. Applicants will not be contacted for interviews until all materials are received.