Volunteer Management Intern
Job Title: Intern, Volunteer Management
Country Profile: US Programs
Location: Tuson, AZ
The Volunteer Management Intern will work with the Program Coordinator of Volunteer Services to oversee the Recruitment process, Onboarding proceedings, and Tracking measures of agency volunteers. The Intern will further establish best practices while also designing strategies to support rapid program expansion.
- Monitor productivity and satisfaction of active agency volunteers
- Represent the IRC at community events and assist in facilitating external relations
- Assist in the recruitment, screening, and placement of volunteer applicants
- Develop and implement management strategies to efficiently track applicants through the onboarding process
- Track key data points which reveal program health and success
- Participate in the planning and implementation of relevant outreach events
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Agency
- Pursuing a degree in Administration or demonstrating relevant Human Resources experience
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding client/donor information
- Strong problem solving, writing, and communication skills; organized and attentive to detail
- Strong intercultural communication skills; demonstrated ability to work effectively with people from other cultural backgrounds is a plus
- 10 hours/week for 3 months
- Maintain a consistent schedule during IRC business hours (M-F; 8:30am-5:00pm) with occasional site visits in evenings.
- Special consideration given to applicants able to make multi-semester commitment
Reports To: Volunteer Services Program Coordinator
Submit a resume, cover letter, and internship application to Andrew Jenkins, Internship Coordinator, at VolunteerTucson@Rescue.org. Some positions may require additional documents. Applicants will not be contacted for interviews until all materials are received.