IRC offers a wide variety of volunteer opportunities for members of the community, businesses, students, retirees and groups. Whether you are interested in volunteering for a few weeks or a few months, we will work with you to identify fulfilling activities that will fit your schedule. Most volunteer opportunities take place during our normal business hours, Monday through Friday from 9:00am – 5:00pm and sample assignments include:
• Mentoring a refugee family on their journey to adjust to a new life in the U.S.
• Coaching refugees seeking employment and supporting their job search activities
• Supporting fundraising efforts by assisting with research and grant writing
• Volunteering at any of our single-day community events
• Helping staff plan special events
• Working with IRC Case Managers to provide administrative and logistical support to staff and
Upcoming Orientation Sessions
• Thursday, May 13 from 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM
• Saturday, May 29, from 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM
All potential volunteers must attend a volunteer orientation and complete a background check* before IRC confirms their acceptance into the program. Once these preliminary steps are completed, we look forward to placing you into a meaningful and rewarding volunteer assignment. Due to limited space, only those who have submitted an RSVP will be admitted.
All orientations take place at the IRC office, 425 East Colorado Street, Suite 550, Glendale, CA 91205.
For more information or to RSVP, please contact our volunteer coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 818-550 6220, ext. 6514