What’s on your calendar for Tuesday, July 18?
If you haven’t bought your tickets for the GenR Summer Party at Tribeca Rooftop yet, now is the time to buy your tickets!
Whether you’re a GenR member or someone who’s been looking for a way to help refugees around the world, the GenR Summer Party is your opportunity to be a force for change
It’s unlikely you need any convincing when it comes to attending an energized NYC summer rooftop party with gorgeous views and hundreds of fun-loving humanitarians. However, just in case you’re still undecided, here are:
10 Reasons Why You Should Go to the GenR Summer Party
- I’m always blown away by the compelling refugee speakers! They’re always so accomplished. Can you imagine what it was like being a student suddenly in crisis and having to overcome such challenges? I think about how incredibly difficult it must have been to learn a new language in high school. More than anything, though, through their stories you see how each one is an individual just like yourself. -Sarah LaFleur, GenR: NY Leader
- The GenR Summer Party never disappoints. I’m always amazed at what the IRC does by talking to the people on the frontlines of the refugee crisis. You can meet IRC resettlement workers and international staff who attend the Summer Party and mingle with the guests. They wear pins so you know who they are and can ask them about their work. I always walk away in awe of their integrity, dedication and incredible humbleness. -Leigh Fleet, GenR: NY Leader
- I love that it doesn’t feel like a fundraiser. The GenR Summer Party has great energy and is a ton of fun. The Tribeca Rooftop is gorgeous with perfect Uptown West summer views. IRC President and CEO David Miliband speaks at the event and only adds to the ambiance of a great party for such a worthy cause. -Nick Topjian, GenR: NY Leader
- I’m so moved by the symbolic auction. Party attendees can “bid” on experiences like funding a training program or a trip to Philadelphia for refugee kids to learn about their new country. The minute the auction starts to snowball and numbers are getting called out, it’s just so powerful. -Ed Shapoff, GenR: NY Leader
- It’s a great way to get your company involved and so exciting to see so many companies sponsor the event. I am proud that Threads 4 Thought has been a sponsor for seven years in a row now. It is the best summer party in the city. It’s a fun and easy way to get involved and show that you stand with refugees. -Eric Fleet, GenR: NY President
- I love being together with everyone to support the amazing work the IRC does. What more fun way of doing this than by supporting sponsors and test-tasting all the specialty cocktails! I love how there are new and creative twists to your average cocktail list each year. A refreshing cocktail in support of such an important cause is the perfect way to spend a warm summer night! -Lindsay Shapoff, GenR: NY Member
- I attend the GenR Summer Party because right now, more people have been forced from their homes by conflict than at any other time since World War II. The civil war in Syria and a surge of South Sudanese families fleeing violence raised the global population of displaced people to a new record: 65.6 million. That's roughly equivalent to the entire population of Great Britain. -Andrew Klaber, GenR: NY Vice-President
- I love being a GenR member and going to the GenR Summer Party because you make new friends. It’s a great group and event for networking with people in other fields who you may not have otherwise connected with. I also love the opportunities that stem from meeting people at the Summer Party because you can also connect people you meet with others you know. -Yoshi Manaleo, GenR: NY Member
- The Summer Party celebrates the inspiring work of the IRC. What really stands out to me, though, is the genuineness of the event and the people there. There’s an altruism that you don’t always see in NYC. I love the great community of the IRC and its GenR members. The party brings together all these people who genuinely want to do good.-Avinash Kaza, GenR: NY Leader
- Your ticket purchase supports the IRC’s important work with refugees in more than 40 countries and 28 U.S. cities!!!
Buy your tickets to the GenR Summer Party now! All proceeds support the IRC’s efforts to help refugees and families around the world to survive and rebuild their lives.
Enjoy an unforgettable summer evening under the stars with people who, like you, want to be a force for change. By attending, you have the ability to make a powerful statement that you care about the plight of refugees and stand firmly with them.