The IRC in Baltimore is recruiting for summer interns! Interns have an opportunity to gain professional experience and support refugees and immigrants to become self-sufficient and thrive in Baltimore. Read below for more details. And check out this intern spotlight to hear from one of our former interns about her experience.
Internship Time Commitment:
- Internships require a minimum of 15 hours (about 2 days) per week for 12 weeks.
- Summer internships start with an orientation on Thursday, May 28, 2020 (approx. 9 AM – 3 PM).
- Regular weekly hours start the week of June 1, 2020 and continue through August 21, 2020.
- Internships are unpaid. University credit may be arranged.
- Apply online at rescue.org/careers or by following a specific link below.
- Applications are strongly encouraged by 5 PM on Monday, March 30, 2020. Application review will begin on March 31.
- Applicants selected for interviews will be contacted in early April.
- Interviews will be take place approximately April 8–15 at the IRC office. Video/phone interviews will be available for applicants not currently in Baltimore.
- Applicants can expect to receive a decision by April 24, 2020.
- Applicants who are offered internships will be asked to confirm or decline by April 30, 2020.
Summer 2020 Internship Descriptions:
- Case management (apply here)
- Cultural orientation and education (apply here)
- Health and intensive case management (apply here)
- Immigration legal services (apply here)
- Logistics and housing (apply here)
- Nutrition and food security (apply here)
- Volunteer engagement (apply here)
- Workforce development (apply here)
- Youth case management (apply here)