The IRC in Baltimore provides clients with basic necessities such as clothing and household items to rebuild their lives in Maryland. To do this, the IRC relies on new and gently-used donated items from community partners. Donated items are distributed to clients free of charge. Used donations should be clean and in good condition. Items should not have tears or stains.
How to make an in-kind donation
We are currently seeking and accepting the following items. Due to limited storage, please first VolunteerBaltimore [at] Rescue.org (subject: In-Kind%20Donations, body: (Please%20fill%20out%20the%20information%20below%20to%20help%20us%20process%20your%20donation%20inquiry).%20%0A%0AYour%20name%3A%20%0A%0AYour%20phone%20number%3A%20%0A%0AItems%20you%20would%20like%20to%20donate.%20Please%20reference%20our%20website%20for%20current%20needs%3A%20http%3A%2F%2Fbit.ly%2FIRCin-kind-donations%20%0A%0AWhich%20drop-off%20time(s)%20work%20for%20you%3A%20%0A1.%20Friday%206%2F28%20from%2012noon-1pm%20%0A2.%20Wednesday%2C%207%2F17%20from%204-5pm%20%0A%0AHow%20did%20you%20hear%20about%20the%20IRC%3F%20) (email us) to let us know what items you would like to donate. We will reply to confirm a drop-off time. Our upcoming drop-off days are Friday, June 28 from 12noon to 1pm and Wednesday, July 17 from 4-5pm. Please contact us before dropping off items to ensure we have sufficient storage space.
- Kitchen items (utensils, pots, pans, dishes, paper towels, electric kettles)
- New or gently used women's, men's and children's clothing and shoes
- New personal hygiene items (deodorant, lotion, shampoo, soap, toilet paper, toothbrushes, toothpaste, feminine products (pads), razors, shaving cream)
- Backpacks and school supplies (paper, notebooks, folders, pens, pencils, markers, colored pencils, crayons)
- Baby items (bottles, strollers, wipes)
- Linens (blankets, sheets and blankets for twin/full beds, bath towels, hand towels)
- New pillows, toys, car seats
- Tool kits
- Household or cleaning supplies (detergent, sponges, all-purpose cleaner, broom)
- Organizers such as drawer sets, bins, baskets
Other ways to donate needed items include:
(1) Purchase items from our Amazon Wish List. These purchases are delivered to the IRC office and staff distribute directly to clients.
(3) Donate gift cards to allow clients to purchase food, clothing, and other critical items. Giant, Aldi, Target and Walmart are preferred.
(4) Join the Welcome Home Project to set up an entire apartment for a new family.
Note: we are not currently able to pick up or accept furniture donations. We would be happy to recommend some of our partner organizations for furniture donations.