In partnership with United Way of Greater Atlanta, the IRC in Atlanta will be a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) site, providing free tax preparation services to refugees, SIVs and asylees from February 2nd – April 13th. No appointment necessary. Available dates:
- Tuesdays from 12:30 pm – 4:30 pm
- Thursdays from 12:30 pm – 4:30 pm
- Saturdays from 10:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Wednesday 6th and 20th from 1:30 pm – 4:30 pm
- Saturday 9th and 23rd from 10:30 am – 4:30 pm
- Tuesday 2nd and 9th from 12:30 pm – 4:30 pm
- Saturday 13th from 10:30 am – 4:30 pm
Location: 2305 Parklake Drive NE, Suite 100, Atlanta, GA 30345
Individuals who make $54,000 or less, persons with disabilities and limited English speakers are eligible for assistance. This program is a safe alternative to high-fee services and allows refugees, SIVs, and asylees to understand their tax returns, improve financial stability and access valuable tax credits such as the Earned Income Tax Credit and Child Tax Credits.
IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS TO BRING:
- A photo identification card for the individual and their spouse
- Social security cards for everyone in the family
- W-2 (s)
- Last year’s tax return (Form 1040)
- Interest and/or dividend statements, tuition form (if applicable), and bank information for direct deposit, if owed refund.
The IRC in Atlanta is still seeking volunteer tax preparers. The commitment is one to two 2-hour shifts per week throughout the 14-week program, February 2nd – April 13th. Volunteers will attend 1 in-person training with the Piton Foundation, 1 online training, and 2 in-person trainings at the IRC in Atlanta’s office. If interested, e-mail volunteerATL [at] rescue.org or visit the Piton Foundation here to sign-up for a training. Learn more about volunteer responsibilities and commitments here.