How to intern in Baltimore
The IRC’s US offices offer a variety of unpaid internship opportunities throughout the year. Prospective interns must go through the volunteer process and should be currently enrolled in an educational institution or a recent graduate. For more information, contact VolunteerBaltimore@rescue.org.
Steps to becoming an IRC Intern
NB: This is an unpaid internship.
- Get to know the IRC in Baltimore and learn more about how you can be involved by attending an information session. The information session is held on the last Tuesday of every month from 5:00-6:00pm and first Saturday of every month from 11am-12pm via web conference. To reserve a spot and receive the link, please RSVP for the information session by emailing us at Volunteerbaltimore@rescue.org.
- When you are ready to join the IRC as an intern, apply using our online application that you may find here. To see a list of current internship openings, please visit the IRC Careers page select Search Jobs and Apply and select "US- MD-Baltimore" in the location menu.
- Complete an interview with staff as required to determine whether there is an appropriate internship position available for you.
- Once you complete an interview and accept an offer, the IRC will conduct a background check. Your internship placement will only be confirmed after your background check is cleared.
- When your placement is confirmed, the Volunteer Coordinator will work with you and the appropriate staff person to schedule your first day. All newly accepted interns are required to attend an orientation session to learn about office policies, confidentiality, and communication guidelines, and to make all efforts to participate in ongoing training opportunities. The application process typically takes at least two weeks to complete (including the background check).