Through the IRC in NYC’s varied volunteer opportunities, individuals are able to share their unique experience and expertise directly with the IRC's refugee and asylee clients. We currently operate several highly effective programs designed to meet a variety of refugee and asylee newcomers' needs.
- Familiarize yourself with the IRC and volunteer opportunities in New York. Form an idea of which volunteer opportunities might suit you best.
- Complete a Volunteer Application online. The system is still new! Please keep responses to 50 characters or less or else the application will not save. Please upload a resume or CV at the bottom of the application, and use this document to indicate particular volunteer opportunities you are interested in. If you are interested specifically in internships, please indicate so.
- The Volunteer Coordinator will contact you regarding potential volunteer opportunities as they become available and may schedule a phone or in-person interview.
- If applicable, attend an ESL tutor training.
- Complete a background check. The IRC kindly requests that volunteers contribute $50 toward the cost of this requirement.
- You're ready to get started! Depending on your role, you'll either receive further training from your in-office department.
For more information, contact VolunteerNY [at] Rescue.org (subject: I%20want%20to%20volunteer)