The IRC’s Midland office offers a variety of unpaid internship opportunities throughout the year.
Prospective interns must go through the volunteer process and should be currently enrolled in an educational institution or a recent graduate. For more information, contactVolunteerMidland [at] rescue.org?subject=Internship%20opportunities%20at%20IRC%20Midland"> VolunteerMidland [at] rescue.org.
The IRC’s US offices offer a variety of unpaid internship opportunities throughout the year. Prospective interns must go through the volunteer process and should be currently enrolled in an educational institution or a recent graduate. For more information, contact VolunteerMidland [at] rescue.org.
- A minimum commitment of 15 hours during the work week (Mon-Fri 8:30-4:30) for 4 months;
- Enrollment in a Bachelor’s or post-graduate degree program OR pursuing a relevant career direction;
- Effective communication skills and the ability to collaborate professionally in a multicultural setting;
- An interest in international and refugee issues;
- Reliability and flexibility;
- A willingness to learn about the diverse ethnic backgrounds of clients; and adhere to IRC volunteer and workplace policies.
Assist clients with applying for greencards, US Citizenship, family reunification, etc.
Assist employment department with job interviews, applications, employment workshops, job searches, Citylink orientations, etc.
Assist Resettlement case workers with appointments, children enroll in school, filing, setting up apartments, etc. Helps refugees with their basic needs in their first few months of resettlement.
Volunteer & Outreach Intern:
Assist the IRC in Abilene in planning and conducting development efforts; building volunteer networks; soliciting, collecting, managing, and tracking donations; and assisting with advocacy for refugees and public education about refugees and IRC.
Assisting with answering the phones, filing, and managing daily office tasks..
Help by providing interpretation during home visits, meetings, workshops and employer orientations. Current languages needed are Arabic, Chin dialects, and Spanish.
Other opportunities include:
Civics/English teaching support, drivers, volunteer support, and donation drives.