The 2021 Food Entrepreneur Round Table is a perfect opportunity for small business owners to connect with other successful business owners and food entrepreneurs while learning new ways to sustain and grow your business during the pandemic. Whether in the stages of imagining your business or currently running a business, we are excited to connect with you!
About this Event
The Food Entrepreneurship Round Table, organized by our Spice Kitchen Incubator team and presented by Comcast, offers budding entrepreneurs a day of networking with community experts and accessing live workshops to learn how to develop, sustain and grow their small businesses in Utah. Choose your breakout sessions, hear from industry leaders and other small business owners in the local Salt Lake City community, and listen as three new businesses pitch their ideas in a friendly competition for business capital during the New American Dream Lab session.
All attendees will receive recordings as well as digital materials from the event. Some interpretation and translation services may be available upon request.
Saturday, February 27th, 2021
Schedule of Events:
- 9:30-10am Welcome and Keynote
- 10:05-11:30am Breakout Sessions*
- 11:30am-12pm BREAK
- 12-1pm New American Dream Lab Pitches^
- 1:05-2:30pm Breakout Sessions**
- 2:35-3pm Introduction to Community Resources
- 3-3:05pm Wrap Up
Join us at the Food Entrepreneurship Round Table by registering—for free—ahead of the event. REGISTER HERE>
Questions? Please reach out to Jackie Rodabaugh at Jackie.Rodabaugh [at] rescue.org or call 385-229-4484.
Please choose one session per time period when registering. The sessions you are not able to attend will be recorded and shared with all attendees afterward (description of breakout sessions below).
*10:05-11:30am Breakout Session Options:
- Small Business Financing. Gain a better grasp of business bookkeeping practices and how you can access additional business capital.
- Adding Local Value. Understand the processes for incorporating local produce and ingredients into your menu and hear from small-scale farmers in Utah.
- Packaging Products under Utah Regulations. Learn about small-scale production and selling shelf-stable food items in Utah.
**1:05-2:30pm Breakout Session Options:
- Digital Marketing & Media. Explore the importance of a digital presence and how to best connect with customers through modern and user-friendly websites.
- E-Commerce Panel. Hear from businesses using various point-of-sale platforms for online ordering, and choose the best one for you.
- Cooking Class. A local chef will offer tips and tricks for planning and executing an interactive, engaging, and virtual cooking class (comes with a recipe to work alongside the featured chef).
^New American Dream Lab
The New American Dream Lab is a business pitch competition for entrepreneurs who have made Utah their new home. The event is a partnership between the International Rescue Committee, the Microbusiness Connection Center, and Salt Lake County to introduce Salt Lake City's business community to new American entrepreneurs and offer entrepreneurs the opportunity to win start-up capital for their small businesses. Learn more>
Who will benefit from attending?
Whether you are aspiring to start your business or have been developing your business, these diverse breakout sessions are designed to offer you insight into business practices. The purpose of the Food Entrepreneur Round Table is to offer resources specific to small business owners who are seeking to improve their business and connect with each other. However, the keynote presentation will be open for the general public. We look forward to seeing you there!