The City of Dallas had launched a new CARES Act Coronavirus Relief Fund (CRF) Emergency Short Term Rental Assistance Program in partnership with DHA, Housing Solutions for North Texas (DHA) and several local nonprofits, including the International Resuce Committee in Dallas. The rental assistance program provides rental assistance to households adversely affected by COVID-19.
In order to qualify Dallas residents must meet the following criteria:
- Be housed within the City of Dallas and named under a current lease
- Make less than 80% of the Dallas-area median household income ($48,300/individual)
- NOT have received CARES Act housing assistance from another collaborative, agency partner, city or county
- NOT be currently on a voucher program, living in HUD or living in a relative’s home
Applicants must also provide documentation of the impact of COVID-19 to their circumstance, including but not limited to the following:
- Proof of job/income loss, temporary or permanent
- Reduction in work hours/income
- Increased healthcare and household expenses that attributed to insufficient funds for housing
Additional documents are required for the application.
People seeking help can contact the IRC at DALassistance [at] rescue.org (subject: Rental%20Assistance) and call 469-608-9403.