A virtual World Refugee Day Legislative Summit hosted by the International Rescue Committee in partnership with the Refugee Advocacy Lab.
At a critical moment of rebuilding for the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program, the IRC and the Refugee Advocacy Lab bring together the voices of policymakers, experts, and impacted populations. Throughout the summit, we will elevate and celebrate their efforts to create more welcoming communities for refugees.
The summit will feature a conversation between governors who have advocated for increased resettlement in their states; panel discussions with state policymakers who have advanced pro-refugee legislation; refugee leaders from across the U.S. sharing their powerful stories and experiences; and other ambassadors working to promote integration, education, language access, economic empowerment, and innovations in resettlement.
Tuesday, June 22 starting at 12 PM EST
- 12 PM: The Refugee & Immigrant Experience: A Conversation Between IRC Celebrity Voices Ebony Obsidian and Sepideh Moafi.
- 12:35 PM: Gubernatorial Discussion: Refugee Resettlement is Good for America
- 1 PM: State Integration Policies & Impacts
- 2 PM: Creating Equity: Education and Language Access for Newcomers
- 3 PM: The Road to Self Sufficiency: The Importance of Economic Empowerment
- 4 PM: Executive Discussion: The future of Resettlement