Spread the word in Abilene
Want to spread the word about making #RefugeesWelcome and also contribute more? There are various, creative ways to accomplish these goals simultaneously.
- Invite your friends and family for dinner, tea, or a dance party and ask for a suggested donation at the door, making your guests aware ahead of time why you’re hosting this time around!
- Running a race this year or next? Ask your supporters to donate a dollar or ten for each mile you conquer!
- If you are a teacher or student, consider holding a "Change for Refugees" coin drive among your class(es) and donating the total raised to the IRC in Abilene.
- Contact VolunteerAbilene@Rescue.org for more information.
- Stay connected via our newsletter! Sign up here.
- Follow us on Facebook, and ask others to do the same! “Like” and share our posts and articles. Use the hashtag #RefugeesWelcome when sharing posts on your social media accounts about the refugee crisis and acknowledging that refugees are welcome in our community. Tag @International Rescue Committee in Abilene on Facebook to link others to us, and also use the #IRCAbilene hashtag when sharing information about the IRC’s refugee resettlement efforts in Abilene.