Voting is one of the most important responsibilities and privileges of being a US citizen. Read below for nonpartisan, educational information on the voting process in Arizona.
Register to Vote Here
Court orders have revised the voter registration deadline for the General Election to October 15, 2020. Eligible voters who register after this date will not be able to vote in the November 2020 election but can vote in future elections.
The link to ROCK THE VOTE (RTV) is provided solely for your convenience. When you click the links or submit buttons above, you will be interacting with the RTV site.
Who should register to vote?
- US Citizen
- 18 years of age or more by Election Day
- Resident of Arizona
- Not have been convicted of a felony or your rights have been restored
- Not adjudicated incompetent by a court
When should you register to vote or update your registration?
- If you just became eligible, such as by turning 18 or by becoming a US citizen
- If you have had a change of address
- If you have had a legal change of name, by marriage or through the court system
Voting by Mail (PEVL)
- In Arizona, voters can sign up for the Permanent Early Voter List (PEVL). Voters who are on PEVL will be mailed a ballot every election.
- Voting using PEVL is safe, private, and convenient. A majority of Arizona voters who regularly vote use PEVL.
- Voters on PEVL can mail back their ballots, drop them off at an early vote location, or drop them off at a polling place on Election Day.
- Each voter lives in a specific voting precinct (neighborhood). There are specific polling places for each precinct. If you are not signed up for PEVL, you must vote at your assigned polling place. You can find your assigned polling place online.
- Polls are open 6AM to 7PM on Election Day.
- To vote at the polls, you must bring ID, such as a driver's license or state ID.
- Election Day lines can sometimes continue after the official close time of 7PM. You have the right to vote if you were in line before 7PM and you stay in line.
- October 7th: Ballots mailed, early voting opens
- October 23rd: Extended Voter Registration Deadline
- October 27th: Deadline to mail back an early ballot
- November 3rd: Election Day
For More Information
For more information, visit Arizona.Vote
This infomation is available in multiple languages. Please feel free to share the flyers below!