Do you have a strong experience of individual giving fundraising with focus on setting up retention programme and supporter/customer journeys? Would you like to be part of growing a Swedish branch in a global, dynamic organization that makes a real difference?
International Rescue Committee (RESCUE) was founded in 1933 on the initiative of Albert Einstein and is today an international humanitarian organization with operations in over 40 countries worldwide. RESCUE opened in Sweden late 2019 and one of the focus areas is individual giving fundraising. At the moment we are a team of 12 engaged team members in our office at Södermalm in Stockholm and three Face to Face fundraising teams, all working together to build RESCUE in Sweden.We are in an exciting phase of growth and are now looking for people who want to join in building and maintaining a strong base of donors who commit to and contribute to our activities around the world.
- Anställning: Tillsvidareanställning
- Placering: Stockholm
- Sista ansökningsdag är 18 September
- Skicka in din ansökan här
The main purpose of this role is to contribute to generating long-term sustainable growth, maximising income and retaining a solid base of donors/supporters. As the Retention Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for leading on the retention strategy and programme in accordance with global strategy and in collaboration with related areas, all based on supporter focused approach.
You will be responsible for maximising the potential of the retention programmes, including developing products, methods and channels, where our focus is on digital engagement. Your work is based on data insight and analysis, and includes developing and implementing new areas, all whilst ensuring this is all in line with our supporter’s needs and expectations.
With a strong investment already launched and high ambitions for the future, the retention manager is a key player in sustaining our monthly donors.
- Develop the supporter engagement and retention programme for Swedish donors, with a digital engagement focus, in line with global strategy and practice.
- Develop and improve supporter journeys to increase loyalty and long-term value, focusing on monthly donors.
- Drive retention channels, currently email and telemarketing, and responsible for developing and improving tracking results and increasing profitability.
- Initiate and manage revenue generating activities campaigns to existing donors with the aim of generating donations, conversion, upgrading and reactivation.
- Develop communication and content to current donors in collaboration with colleagues and agencies
- Proactively develop new methods and channels to ensure development and future proofing
- Ensure best-in-class supporter experience that is focused on the long term relationship with donors, together with donor care officer.
- Ensure strong insight and analysis of the donor base, focusing on life time value
- Manage forecasting of donor database development and KPIs for all individual donors
- Build qualitative analysis of retention activities and results, to maximise results focusing on long term ROI
- Maintain budget responsibility for activities and results of the retention area.
- Keep up to date with the sector developments in individual giving to ensure IRC is at the forefront of fundraising developments.
You will be the retention expert in cross-market working groups and committees and work closely with other experts as well as equivalent teams in other national markets (i.e. Germany, UK, US) and the global retention team. This job may involve some travel, overnight stays and occasional working outside core office hours.
You find the full job description here.
We are looking for someone with a degree in marketing or equivalent and a strong experience of individual giving fundraising such as:
- setting up retention programme and supporter/customer journeys
- systematic testing with constant improvements approach
- digital platforms and analysis, including email (html)
- using Marketing Automation and CRM system (Salesforce and Pardot experience valuable)
You also need to have:
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels
- Commercial mindset, with the ability to set short and long-term strategic objectives
- Excellent data analysis and interpretation skills
- Excellent verbal and written Swedish and English skills and the ability to produce engaging content as well as high quality reports.
- Knowledge and understanding of legal frameworks and requirements, and implications of decisions in the best interest of the organisation.
We will also value if you have previous experience working in the non-profit sector and enjoy working in a fast-paced, high performing team. Candidates must have the right to work in Sweden.
We will need you application by September 18. Please don’t wait to submit your application as selection is ongoing and the position may be filled as soon as we find the right person.
For questions, please email [email protected]
RESCUE is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to gender, race, religious beliefs, nationality, ethnic/national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
All our workers adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality. In accordance with these values, RESCUE operates and implements policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
RESCUE in Sweden has collective agreement and all employees are covered by collectively agreed insurances and pensions.