PURPOSE OF VOLUNTEER POSITION:
Every facet of IRC training requires some level of support from a financial and administrative standpoint. This volunteer will help with check distribution, timely administrative bill pay, diligence and reporting, and day-to-day office support.
- 15 hours a week, completed in 2 days Wednesday and Thursday; 9 am – 4:30 pm
- IRC is flexible with accommodating schedules, altering time-off for classes, jobs, and/or holidays etc.
- Assist with some stages of check processing
- Assist with researching, follow-up and resolving outstanding checks
- Assist in the inventory and procurement of supplies
- Assist in maintaining and creating vendor files
- Troubleshoot IT issues as they arise
- Any other duties as assigned
- Follow the “IRC Way” of policies and conduct
- Meet scheduled weekly/monthly commitment
- Perform all required tasks and functions
- Admin Support Volunteer(s) will NOT have access to office and files when the supervisor is NOT present.
We ask that candidates have the following qualities:
- Commitment to the goals and philosophy of IRC
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word.
- Strong attention to detail for filing
- Understanding of Microsoft Excel functions and tables
- Must be hardworking and self-motivated
This position reports to the Senior Finance Coordinator
- Submit an online application here.
More opportunities in Oakland, CA
Client Coordinator Volunteer
The Client Coordinator volunteer manages the front desk and waiting lobby. This volunteer will always be the first person people see when they come into the IRC office. A Client Coordinator is responsible for setting and maintaining the overall environment, while clients wait in the lobby. Client Coordinators greet clients and help them access services. The volunteer is responsible for directing client needs to the appropriate staff member as well as answer phones, take messages, and respond to general questions.
Contra Costa County, Community Volunteer
Community Volunteer will work closely with the Economic Empowerment team in providing basic community skills training to IRC’s female clients in Contra Costa and Alameda Counties. Oakland IRC’s Economic Empowerment program supports clients in rebuilding their lives in the U.S. The IRC supports new arrivals find their first job in the U.S. through Early Employment Programs, which blend classroom job-readiness instruction and individualized employment case management in helping over 75 percent of enrolled cases successfully find employment within 6 months of arrival to the U.S. While clients are looking for a job, they simultaneously learn about the complex U.S. financial services system, receive help in establishing bank accounts, and can access consumer advocacy and financial coaching support from IRC Financial Counselors.
Citizenship Workshop Assistant
Volunteers will assist clients as they complete their citizenship applications.
Human Resources Department Volunteer
Help the HR Dept with the assessment, refinement, and development of processes that will allow for efficient and smooth operations of the department. Every volunteer will work on a task or duty that will benefit the IRC program, clients, and/or organization while providing an opportunity for the volunteer to practice skills and gain deeper knowledge relevant to their educational and/or career goals.