PURPOSE OF VOLUNTEER POSITION:
Every facet of IRC training requires some level of support from a financial and administrative standpoint. This volunteer will help with check distribution, timely administrative bill pay, diligence and reporting, and day-to-day office support.
- 15 hours a week, completed in 2 days Wednesday and Thursday; 9 am – 4:30 pm
- IRC is flexible with accommodating schedules, altering time-off for classes, jobs, and/or holidays etc.
- Assist with some stages of check processing
- Assist with researching, follow-up and resolving outstanding checks
- Assist in the inventory and procurement of supplies
- Assist in maintaining and creating vendor files
- Troubleshoot IT issues as they arise
- Any other duties as assigned
- Follow the “IRC Way” of policies and conduct
- Meet scheduled weekly/monthly commitment
- Perform all required tasks and functions
- Admin Support Volunteer(s) will NOT have access to office and files when the supervisor is NOT present.
We ask that candidates have the following qualities:
- Commitment to the goals and philosophy of IRC
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word.
- Strong attention to detail for filing
- Understanding of Microsoft Excel functions and tables
- Must be hardworking and self-motivated
This position reports to the Senior Finance Coordinator
- Submit an online application here.
More opportunities in Oakland, CA
Financial Inclusion and Opportunity Volunteer
The Financial Inclusion and Opportunity Program at the IRC works to ensure that all of our clients are equipped with the financial knowledge and tools they’ll need to thrive in the competitive Bay Area. Based on the Annie E. Casey Foundation’s innovative Center for Working Families model, it complements IRC’s wraparound employment and income support services with dedicated in-house financial coaching and access to safe, affordable credit-building products.
Immigration Clinic Volunteer
Gain experience with a broad range of immigration policies while supporting the Immigration Program's community-based consultation clinics in Fruitvale.
Client Coordinator Volunteer
The Client Coordinator volunteer manages the front desk and waiting lobby. This volunteer will always be the first person people see when they come into the IRC office. A Client Coordinator is responsible for setting and maintaining the overall environment, while clients wait in the lobby. Client Coordinators greet clients and help them access services. The volunteer is responsible for directing client needs to the appropriate staff member as well as answer phones, take messages, and respond to general questions.
H.O.M.E. Connect Program
The Housing, Outreach, Mentorship, and Education Program provides three levels of support for newly arriving families through community groups of volunteers. HOME teams (2-5 individuals) fundraise to provide a rental subsidy, a complete apartment setup and provide connection with the family.