Research Assistant Volunteer | 5+ hours a week
Support the Anti-Trafficking Coordinator by helping with research and data collection during regular business hours (M-F 8-4:30).
Location: IRC in Abilene office
- Assist with development of community surveys and questionnaires
- Assist with conducting surveys, 1:1 interviews and focus groups
- Assist with data collection and analysis
- Assist with desk research and other administrated tasks as needed.
Ready to start?
- RSVP to and attend an information session.
- Review our current available volunteer positions and choose 3 that best fit your interests, skills, and schedule.
- Complete a volunteer application. You will be contacted by the Volunteer Coordinator as needs arise for your chosen position.You may be selected for an interview.
- Completing 2 reference checks and a background check.
- Once the interview is confirmed and conducted, successful interviewees will complete the necessary background checks. To protect our clients, we require background checks for all our volunteers, and we ask volunteers to make a $45 donation to cover associated costs. Currently, 92% of our funding goes directly to our clients, and your help to cover this cost allows us to continue providing the best service possible. These donations can be made at the IRC in Abilene office during normal business hours. For inquiries regarding the donation specifically, please reach out by emailing us at [email protected] or by calling (325) 675-5643.
- Complete onboarding training and paperwork.