The Assistant to the Dean of Instruction will work closely with the Dean of Instruction to ensure high-quality daily instruction, academic assessment, and staff appreciation throughout the Refugee Youth Summer Academy. The Assistant to the Dean of Instruction will provide logistical support to teaching staff, coordinate instructional coaching, coordinate classroom assessment materials, collect, enter and analyze assessment data, and ensure the overall day to day classroom needs of the Academy are met. This is an unpaid internship.
Essential Job Function:
- Participate in all June Meet & Greets, staff trainings, program meetings, and staff development activities, thereafter
- Assist the Dean of Instruction in the implementation and analysis of various student assessment initiatives including but not limited to content area assessments, progress reports, and report cards
- Monitor submission of, enter and analyze student assessment data
- Maintain students’ files
- Collect and log required lesson planning documentation from teachers
- Assist in the timely production and dissemination of necessary resources for all teaching staff
- Assist in the coordination and set up of caregiver-teacher conferences
- Assist in the coordination of school-wide Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS)
- Assist in the coordination of staff-appreciation events and initiatives
- Record and distribute minutes of Lead and Co-Teacher staff meetings
- Perform other administrative tasks assigned by the Dean of Instruction
For more information and to apply, click here.