The Assistant to the Dean of Instruction will work closely with the Dean of Instruction to ensure high-quality daily instruction, academic assessment, and staff appreciation throughout the Refugee Youth Summer Academy. The Assistant to the Dean of Instruction will provide logistical support to teaching staff, coordinate instructional coaching, coordinate classroom assessment materials, collect, enter and analyze assessment data, and ensure the overall day to day classroom needs of the Academy are met. This is an unpaid internship.
Essential Job Function:
- Participate in all June Meet & Greets, staff trainings, program meetings, and staff development activities, thereafter
- Assist the Dean of Instruction in the implementation and analysis of various student assessment initiatives including but not limited to content area assessments, progress reports, and report cards
- Monitor submission of, enter and analyze student assessment data
- Maintain students’ files
- Collect and log required lesson planning documentation from teachers
- Assist in the timely production and dissemination of necessary resources for all teaching staff
- Assist in the coordination and set up of caregiver-teacher conferences
- Assist in the coordination of school-wide Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS)
- Assist in the coordination of staff-appreciation events and initiatives
- Record and distribute minutes of Lead and Co-Teacher staff meetings
- Perform other administrative tasks assigned by the Dean of Instruction
For more information and to apply, click here.
More opportunities in New York, NY
Peer Mentor, Refugee Youth Summer Academy
Peer Mentors support the students' academic and social-emotional growth during the Academy. Peer Mentors will be placed with one class of students for the duration of the Academy, supporting Lead Teachers and Co-Teachers to ensure productive & enriching lessons and to serve as positive role models for refugee youth. From Monday to Thursday, Peer Mentors work either the morning shift (8:00 am to noon) or the afternoon shift (noon to 4:00 pm). On Fridays, all Peer Mentors work the full day (8:00 am to 4:00 pm) to support students on field trips.
Management Intern, Refugee Youth Summer Academy
The Management Intern will assist the Education & Learning Manager to oversee operation of the Refugee Youth Summer Academy and support the Academy’s daily needs. Based at the IRC-NY main office but working as needed on-site at the Summer Academy, the Management Intern will support communication and coordination between the Summer Academy site staff and the main office. The Management Intern will focus primarily on external relations, donor reporting, and personnel support, but overall provide logistical and organizational support to the Education & Learning Manager, assist with key management responsibilities, and help to ensure that special projects and events are a success.
Monitoring & Evaluation Intern, Refugee Youth Summer Academy
Each Refugee Youth Summer Academy Monitoring and Evaluation Intern will implement key aspects of the RYSA M&E plan monitoring and evaluation tools, including data collection, analysis, and presentation. One M&E Intern will focus on RYSA’s School Readiness assessments, demographics, and attendance data. The other M&E Intern will focus and student feedback mechanisms, academic assessments and the parent survey. The interns will write up and present data at the program’s mid-point and post-program.
Assistant to the Dean of Student Support, RYSA
The Assistant to the Dean of Student Support will work closely with the Dean of Student Support to ensure the smooth daily operation of Refugee Youth Summer Academy student support services. The intern will assist the Dean in ensuring that all student support services are implemented in accordance with the guidelines of RYSA’s Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS). This includes collecting and compiling data on student use of Tier II supports (restorative conversations, peace corner) and Tier III supports (meeting with Dean, counseling with Student Support team). This is an unpaid internship.