On-call Business Finance Volunteer
Scope of Volunteer Work: The Microenterprise Development (MED) Program works to create new opportunities for entrepreneurs to access training, technical assistance, and capital for establishing, expanding, and/or sustaining small businesses. The MED program is recruiting for business financial specialist to assist clients with financial services related to operating a small business such as accounting, bookkeeping and payment systems.
Time Committment: Minimum 3-month time committment. Between 2-8 hrs/month. Flexible schedule.
Location: Remote (via Zoom/Teams)
Essential Position Functions:
- Working alongside clients to provide technical financial assistance such as tax preparation, invoicing and billing, and basic bookkeeping as needed.
- Option to host workshops related to area of expertise.
- Providing consistent feedback to MED program staff regarding topics discussed and needed follow up.
- Professional background and training in fields related to accounting, bookkeeping, payment management systems, business tax preparation.
- Must be culturally sensitive, respectful of diverse backgrounds and willing to work with English language learners. Prior cross-cultural communication experience a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English; additional fluency in a refugee language (ex. Swahili, French, Arabic, Dari, Tigrinya) is helpful, but not required.
- Flexibility and positive attitude a must.
- Ability to handle sensitive client information confidentially.
1. Email VolunteerSEA [at] rescue.org to express interest!
2. Fill in an online volunteer application
More opportunities in Seattle, WA
Citizenship Class Volunteer
Help refugee and immigrant community members become U.S. citizens! We are recruiting for volunteers to join for the start of Q3 classes on July 5th, 2022!
Family Wellness Administrative Support Volunteer
Help assist IRC refugee, immigrant and asylee clients access mainstream and specialized services.
Community Garden Volunteer
Come support community gardeners and our New Roots program at our community garden sites!
Volunteer Medical or Psychological Evaluator
Volunteer evaluators are independently licensed medical or mental healthcare providers who conduct medical or psychological evaluations for survivors of persecution and trauma who are seeking humanitarian immigration relief (i.e. asylum) in the United States and who do not have the resources to obtain a standard (paid) evaluation.